Sunday, April 8, 2007

Chattanooga, TN
My parents and I took a day trip to Chattanooga, TN on Saturday. The City of Chattanooga spent $800+ million to renovate the city. It was voted one of the dirtiest cities in the US and now it is one of the cleanest. It is a very scenic city with lots to do. We even visited Georgia for a couple of minutes. I-24 takes you into Chattanooga, but there is a small stretch of highway that dips south and takes you into Georgia. We also were in Georgia during our drive to the top of Rock City. We enjoyed seeing Rock City, Ruby Falls, The Incline (2nd steepest in the US) and eating at Sticky Fingers.


The Incline on Rock City.

Ruby Falls entrance.


View of Chattanooga halfway up Rock City.


Mom and Dad at Ruby Falls.

2 comments:

Boiler Up! Amy said...

I am SO happy you have pics on your blog now! They are always fun to look at!!! Glad you had a couple weeks with mom and dad...now to get them here! =) HA!

Anonymous said...

Almost passed you on the trip. I went through Chattanooga on Tuesday! Actually I visited Lookout Mountain a couple of years ago on a clear, cold, January morning at 9:00 am. The park ranger warned us about how cold it was (with the wind chill) on the hiking trail. I figured how bad can it be - after all I'm from Michigan! It was only incredible, but the views were awesome. We did not go to Ruby Falls or take the tram so I guess I need another trip. Good to hear you had a "productive" visit. Bill always looked forward to a "working" vacation.