Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekend Getaway

I took a vacation day on Friday and Mom and I headed north to the lake and spent Saturday with the Cross family in Interlochen. This was my first trip to the lake since August 2007 when my brother and his family were there. My childhood best friend, Kathy, came up from Charlotte for the week. Her Dad, Bob, past away in January and the family reunited for the burial. It was so great seeing the Cross family again which I don't get to see very often since Kathy lives so far away. All the sisters, husbands, and kids were there when we arrived on Saturday morning. We enjoyed lots of laughs, story telling, and great food. We took 2 Achatz's pies from Armada (four berry, my favorite, and dutch apple) which were a big hit. Since Bob and Linnie moved from Romeo many years ago to Interlochen (via Pennsylvania and Dearborn) they always appreciate when I take them some food from the Romeo area.

I spent Friday afternoon with my cousin Angie and her kids while Mom got her hair done. Preston (4 months) has such a great personality already and is already rolling over. Logan, Kamber and I played many card games (which I didn't win any) and had a good time.

Saturday night , on our way back from Interlochen, Mom and I stopped by Uncle Ed and Aunt Debbie's house for a short visit. It was good to see them since it had been a while. When we got back to the lake, Uncle Kelvin and my cousin Lee were fishing on the lake. Spent some time talking to them after they caught lots of fish (they said they left you some, Dad).

It was great seeing so many people I haven't seen in such a long time. A great, short weekend.

We headed back to Romeo on Sunday late morning because we were not sure about the traffic situation due to all of the construction. Of course, we couldn't pass by Birch Run without stopping at the outlet mall to do some shopping.

No comments: