Saturday, June 10, 2006

First Week of Work

I made it through my first week of work without any difficulties. I traveled to Louisville one day and Decatur, Alabama, another day. It was nice seeing different parts of the USA that I don't normally get to see. Plus I traveled with 3 other people from my company which was nice because most of the time I travel alone.

I went and opened a bank account today which took a lot of time. I went to about 5 different banks before deciding on one. I never had to do this before because I have always used the account my parents set-up for me when I was little and it has served me well all these years. I also got pre-approved for a mortgage (another one!) so I am ready to buy something down here right away. Our VP's mom is a real estate agent and she is currently working on finding me a house. She has been in the Nashville area for over 30 years so she is able to point me in the right direction as to where to buy. I need to find something within the next 90 days so I can move in once my apartment lease is up. I am not going to wait for my house in Michigan to sell because there is no telling when that will be. Kind of disappointed that I haven't had much activity on it yet.

At least I am providing these southerners with free entertainment because no matter what I say or how I say it, it is hilarious to them. They really get a kick out of the word "pop". And every time I say it they cannot stop laughing! They refer to "pop" down here as coke. And if you want a Sprite, you order a white coke. Tennessee is known for their sweet tea so that is the drink of choice. I guess I will have to order a sweet tea instead of a pop next time and they will flip out! Very different than the north!

It was hot here yesterday (91) and again today (95), but it is a heat that can be tolerated. I haven't experienced the humidity that we get in Michigan, but it is hot! Guess they don't get a lot of humidity, but at the end of July and beginning of August, it will be humid a few days. In due time, I will be able to compare.

I move into my apartment on Monday evening and it will be nice to get out of a hotel. Then I am off to Mexico the rest of the week to visit my customers. Looking forward to this trip because I will see a lot of the same people I have dealt with in the past.

No comments: